Telltale Signs it’s Time to Upgrade Your Business Signage
- December 23, 2015
- Posted by: Ryan Brady
- Category: Signage Benefits
Sometimes the writing’s literally on the wall.
If your place of business has suffered graffiti vandalism to the outdoor sign adorning your building facade, chances are it’s time to pursue new business signage – or at least give your sign a cleaning.
In most instances, though, the indicators of underperforming signage for business prove a bit more subtle. In fact, the symptoms signaling the presence of inadequate business signage can easily be overlooked by an untrained eye.
As a business owner, you recognize the foundational importance of having effective outdoor signage beckoning customers to your location. You’ve heard all the powerful statistics, such as the fact that on-premise signage can account for half of your new customers. You appreciate the value optimal business signage brings from the standpoints of visibility, marketing, consumer awareness and brand-building.
Yet how do you truly know if your business signage is performing admirably? Is your signage bolstering your business or is it causing you to miss out on customer acquisition and revenue generation opportunities?
Here are 25 (non-graffiti-related) telltale signs it’s time to upgrade your business signage:
- Your business signage is nonexistent because your business lacks outdoor signage altogether.
- Your business signage is temporary in nature.
- Your business signage violates your local permitting regulations.
- Your business signage features an electronic message center you found online for cheap but now spends more time down than it does messaging your potential customers.
- Your business signage has a traditional changeable copy sign when you would benefit from having an electronic message center capable of displaying dynamic text and graphic messages.
- Your business signage shows significant old-age or weather damage.
- Your business signage is no longer entirely readable or legible.
- Your business signage requires regular maintenance more than twice per year.
- Your business signage is overshadowed by that of neighboring businesses.
- Your business signage is overshadowed by that of your regional competitors.
- Your business signage has resulted in more than a handful of longtime area residents claiming they “hadn’t noticed” your location previously.
- Your business signage lacks illumination yet your type of business could benefit from 24-hour visibility.
- Your business signage has illumination yet is constantly hindered by burnt-out bulbs.
- Your business signage has illumination yet lacks the brightness necessary to be viewable during rainy or snowy conditions.
- Your business signage has illumination yet lacks energy efficiency.
- Your business signage does not contain your company logo.
- Your business signage fails to capitalize on your strategic location featuring high traffic volume.
- Your business signage is a pylon sign that lacks the height necessary to maximize your visibility from a nearby highway.
- Your business signage is a window decal when a wall sign or LED illuminated channel letters would generate more visibility.
- Your business signage doesn’t include wayfinding signs that fulfill your need to direct customers to your location.
- Your wayfinding business signage doesn’t comply with updated Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) regulations and could cost you thousands of dollars in fines for each offense.
- Your business signage fails to reflect the personality of your brand.
- Your business signage lacks the innovation necessary to properly reflect your technology company.
- Your business signage lacks the pizazz necessary to properly reflect your entertainment company.
- Your business signage doesn’t convert your brand into a memorable statement.
At Brady Signs, we’re a third-generation family business that’s served as a premier provider of business signage solutions throughout the North Central Ohio region and beyond for nearly 45 years.
Want to learn how we can convert your brand into a statement using our eye-catching signage for business? We’re here to talk.